1. I hereby certify that I have been or will be using this benefit for my regular daily direct commute from home to work and return.* Click for more information.I certify that this card will be used only for qualified transportation fringe benefits, Rev. Rul. 2006-57. I will not give, barter, exchange, convey, assign, or otherwise transfer this benefit to any other person.
2. I further certify that the monthly benefit that I will be receiving does not exceed my average monthly commuting costs by public transportation, excluding any parking costs, based on the average number of workdays I commute in the average month. I agree that if my commuting costs change and the monthly benefit I receive exceed my average monthly commuting costs for two or more consecutive months, I will notify Benefit Strategies so that my monthly benefit can be adjusted appropriately. I agree to claim my monthly benefit. I also understand that if I am not receiving the maximum allowable benefit and my commuting costs increase, I can request an increase in my benefit under the State Employee Commuter Benefits Program. I also understand that I will notify Benefit Strategies immediately when I plan to depart from employment.
3. I understand that the debit card remains active for use until midnight of the last day of the benefit month for which I had a payroll deduction contribution, example: Termination ocurrs in May, and payroll deductions are taken in May paycheck for the June benefit month, I’m allowed to use the account until June 30th.
4. I understand I am responsible for purchasing Transit products, and responsible for all requirements of safeguarding these products.
5. The Employee, under penalties of perjury, certifies that he/she has not and will not claim benefits to which are not allowable under IRS and State Tax law.
6. If there are any funds remaining in the Transit or Parking account after the benefit is terminated, and the debit card is no longer active, I can submit manual claims for eligible expenses that I incurred within 180 days from the date of service, otherwise the funds will be forfeited. Per IRS regulations, refunds cannot be approved.